Today we’re sharing some highlights from the second public cast Q&A at A Celebration of Harry Potter. This panel took place on Sunday January 31st. Rupert Grint, Bonnie Wright, Matthew Lewis, Katie Leung and Evanna Lynch answered questions from fans attending the event. Unfortunately we were running out of video space so we didn’t get the whole thing.
Welcome to our longest video from A Celebration of Harry Potter. We recorded the full 40 minute cast Q&A panel for your viewing enjoyment. This panel took place on Saturday January 30th. Rupert Grint, Bonnie Wright, Matthew Lewis, Katie Leung and Evanna Lynch answered questions from fans attending the event.
Welcome to the first of our post-Celebration of Harry Potter videos! To start off we have the press exclusive chat with Evanna Lynch, Rupert Grint, Matthew Lewis, Bonnie Wright and Katie Leung from Friday January 29th.
Universal Studios Hollywood have announced EZ Rez to make buying tickets for the theme park easier. In essence, you order your ticket online for a specific date(s) and in doing so you gain early access to the park (beginning 4/7) and guaranteed entrance for that day! This will be extremely helpful for those Harry Potter fans wishing to go to the park on April 7th for the grand opening of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. More information from the press release may be read below:
Starting today and for the first time ever, Universal Studios Hollywood is introducing EZ Rez™, an innovative, easy-to-use online ticket purchasing system featuring an array of new consumer benefits designed to enhance visits to The Entertainment Capital of L.A. as the world-class destination continues its unparalleled investment in an ambitious epic transformation.
In addition to affording guests the unique opportunity of booking date specific tickets, EZ Rez ticket holders will be able to benefit from early entry to “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™” when the immersive land officially opens on April 7. Early admission to the land will begin one hour prior to park opening.
As an added benefit, guests purchasing admission tickets and annual passes via EZ Rez will also enjoy premium savings with all advanced online transactions. Anytime admission tickets will continue to be available.
The past five years have been a remarkable time for Universal Studios Hollywood as the destination embarked on an unprecedented revitalization that has substantially altered over 75 percent of its familiar footprint to effectively characterize it as an entirely new experience and theme park.
With the much anticipated arrival of “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™” opening on April 7, and the recent addition of “Fast & Furious: Supercharged” as the grand finale to the world-famous Studio Tour, expansive themed lands including “Springfield” and “Despicable Me Minion Mayhem,” next generation thrill rides such as “Transformers: The Ride 3D,” amplified experiences such as the recently introduced “Nighttime Studio Tour” and the new “Special Effects Show,” Universal Studios Hollywood is continually exploring new, groundbreaking ways to ensure guests have the best possible experience, both in advance and upon their arrival.
During the Harry Potter Film Tribute at A Celebration of Harry Potter, Warner Bros. released a special look at Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. The clip has been posted online and you can watch it below! We will have loads more coverage from this weekends events next week, stay tuned!
In a few days we will be headed down to Florida for Universal Orlando’s 3rd annual Celebration of Harry Potter. We’ve gone every year and are excited to see what Universal has in store for fans this time around! Vacation packages are sold out, but admission to the event is included with any Park-to-Park admission ticket or Annual Pass. The schedule of events for A Celebration of Harry Potter can be found here. Here is what we are most looking forward to. We only listed 7 because that’s the most magical number, but be sure to share what you’re excited about!
1. Then amazing cast lineup! This year we get to spend some time, with Matt Lewis, Rupert Grint, Bonnie Write, Katie Leung and Evanna Lynch! They will be participating in two Q&A panels and also signing autographs and taking photos with fans who bought Premium Vacation Packages. In the past the cast panels have brought some great conversations and amusing filming stories.
3. Pottermore. I know this is included in the Harry Potter Expo, but Pottermore has teased they will have something very exciting during the weekend! On their website they say:
If you’re coming along to the Celebration in person, be sure to pop down to the Pottermore booth with the free augmented reality app Blippar downloaded to your smartphone or tablet. You never know what you might find…
4. The Scavenger Hunt. This year Universal have set up a fun Harry Potter scavenger hunt that fans can participate in throughout the weekend! There are eight clues for you to find and take photos of/with.
5. Graphic Design for the Harry Potter Films with MinaLima! Our owner Megan is a graphic & web designer by day so seeing how the design team came up with the designs and props for the film is always a highlight! Who knows, we may even get some Fantastic Beasts tidbits! Fingers crossed!
6. Kids Beauxbatons and Durmstrang lessons. We may not be kids, but we can’t wait to see kids learn to dance Like a Beauxbatons student & battle Like a Durmstrang with a Universal Orlando choreographer.